Natural Mental Health
In Australia, approximately 20% of adults suffer from a form of mental health condition each year and 45% of Australians will experience a mental disorder at some stage of their lives. Mental illness includes anxiety, depression, stress, bipolar disorder (manic depression), schizophrenia, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, phobias, eating disorders, sleep disorders plus a range of others.
Sadly, 80% of people suffering from a mental illness don’t seek treatment. Perhaps of fear of the stigma attached to mental health conditions. A person with a mental illness may face isolation and discrimination from family, friends, work colleagues and employers.
It’s important to understand the signs and symptoms of mental illness and seek treatment if they don’t go away. Some of these include:
- Negative thoughts
- Feelings of emptiness and sadness
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Changes in appetite leading to excess weight gain or loss
- Disruptive sleep patterns or excessive sleeping
- Acting out of character
- Withdrawing from social interactions
- Avoiding talking to friends and family – not answering phone calls
- Physical reactions to certain situations – increased heart rate, sweating, nervousness, shaking, feeling faint
- Uncontrollable compulsions and obsessions
We have a number of different remedies that can help you to manage your mental health in a natural way.